Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Mothering

Good Mothering Lesson # 58
(This happened after weeks of hearing about poking and getting tired of it.)
Child #1~"Mom she poked me in the eye again.."
Me~"poke her back"
Child #2 crying covering eye~"Mom he poked me in the eye"
Me~Looking closer "wait a minute.. can you see???"
The good mother lesson: don't tell your children to poke anyone in the eye..tell them to stomp on the foot.. You don't need it to see and you get over it quicker ;)

We are learning and hopefully we will all survive.

5 comments:

rachel said...

You sound like my mom:

"Mom, she hit me!!!"

"Hit her back harder."

We loved hearing that (if we were on the victim end of things, that is.)

Stephanie said...

Okay, so the complaint around our house doesn't end.... 'she hit me', 'he took my toy', 'he won't share'... on and on. My standard answer is , "There's no __________ in baseball!" Fill in hitting, stealing, punching, pouting, crying.... I got it from "A League of Their Own". BUT, today, Fan-C hit the Tank and I said my standard answer. Tank runs off satisfied and two seconds later Fan-C is at my bedroom door and with hands on her hips says, "Mom, we DON'T play baseball!"
My reply, "Whatever..."
It is just my generic 'I don't want to hear it-take it someplace else answer'.
LeaAnne you are a good momma, whether they can 'see' or not. Hee hee ;o)

carizolli said...

*LOL* thanks for a GREAT laugh after a LONG day! If I see one of your kids wearing an eye patch on Sunday I'll know why!

Kathy said...

Hmmm... An eye for an eye... :-D Question: Has the poking stopped?

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Leaanne, FINALLY I figure out your blog address. :)
I am happy to be back in contact with you. Love the blog and I look forward to keeping up with you.

Sing along with LeaAnne~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones