Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Music

I needed a change..I moved the music around a little..BUT in doing this I found that there is NO WAY to find the song I wanted most:(

How many people remember this song?
It is from the "Mormon Kids Sing Along" tape.

"When I grow up I want to be a mother
And have a family
One little, two little, three little babies of my own
Of all the jobs, for me I'll choose no other
We'll have a family
Four little, five little, six little babies in my home
And I will love them all day long
And give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons
And cuddle them when things go wrong
And read them stories and sing them pretty tunes
When I grow up if I can be a mother
How happy I will be
One little, two little, three little babies I can love
And you will see each sister and each brother
Who look a lot like me
Four little, five little, six little blessings from above."

First time I heard it I was driving in Provo and thought it was the craziest song ever! I thought..WHO WANTS SIX KIDS! well..lol (I know, lots of people do!)
I still like the 3 kids version;)

I am sure glad have the one's I've got!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

What a cute little song! You do great with your three little blessings. (I must confess I've never seen children with a greater talent for sticky, gooey things.) :-)

carizolli said...

I totally remember that song! We had that tape :) I wish I could find it again - if you find it you have to clue me in, deal?

That was totally my theme song growing up! All I ever wanted to be was a mommy!

What is that all over Lilly's hands? Looks delicious :)

Lizzy said...

I grew up listening to this song! In fact, a few years ago my sisters and I went on a search to find the CD. We found it and I listen to it all the time. For a while when Ben was still a baby and hated his car seat, we'd put that CD on and, just like magic, he'd stop crying.

Do you remember the daddy aren't you glad that I'm a Mormon song? That one is my all time favorite.

Lisa said...

I loved that song too. I remember performing it with the Newell girls one time with our baby dolls for some ward activity. How fun. I wonder if my mom still has that tape?

Anonymous said...

I found the song as an mp3 online. It's at http://mormontracks.com

Sing along with LeaAnne~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones