Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Larsen family Car Conversation~

So.. When Rune first came to the US he was amazed at how many 18 wheeler, big rig, Mack Trucks we had on our roads.. He quickly came to call the single a Prince, the double a Queen and a triple a King. (my Family loved this about him)

Today we were driving on Interstate 5 and seven Prince's passed us all at the same time~
Well we said to the girls.."look all the princes are chasing after you beautiful girls".

About 2 minutes after that Sam asked "what kind of a car do Prince's drive?".

Now, I was a teenager in the 80's so I took this as a prime moment to say I was sure it was a "Little Red Corvette".. and laughed at myself and looked to Rune to get his knowing smirk of joy when I really crack myself up..

Well this time nothing like that happened.(this really happens often actually)
I said .."you know Prince's song "Little Red Corvette" then I pressed on to sing all of it that I could remember which was only this line.. (which is good cause the song was a crazy naughty song)

"Little red corvette
Baby you're much 2 fast, yes u r
Little red corvette
U need 2 find a love thats gonna last"

Rune just looked at me and said.."I have no idea what you are talking about."

Now this was getting maddening..So I listed every Prince song I could remember and Finally he said that the song "Purple Rain" rang a bell.. now He and I are exactly the same age..So you would think he would have known this song!

And that's how conversations happen in our car..

If you ever wonder why I talk so much.. now you know..I am just in desperate search for anyone to get my random, useless (USA only) knowledge jokes.

BTW, Sam was more confused than you are right now..

6 comments:

carizolli said...

Yep - I'm gonna be singing that song for the rest of the night now. Thank you :)

Kathy said...

Don't you just hate it when you're the only one who gets your "inside" joke? Such a fizzle! Love the prince, queen, king labels...

Brynn said...

Maybe that's why you & I hit it off, I totally got it!!!

Aimeeable said...

Nothing is more American than the artist formally known as Prince. I think we should implement a new rule that in order to gain citizenship, people should have to be able to sing the lyrics to at least 9 bad 80's songs.

Stephanie said...

I love the 80's music.... but I didn't really care for Prince or symbol man and now Prince once again.
Now, I want to go and get my 'mix' tapes and play them... where is my cassette player?!? Hmmmmmm....

Linemoren said...

I know that song!!! I would totally have known what you were talking about!!!!!!!! Seriously, Prince rocked.. the 80's at least...lol

Funny story though!

Sing along with LeaAnne~


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones